Trak Star Twister Rail Cutters
Trak-Star Twister Bits™ are the standard tooling for drilling all types of rail. They are available in two different styles: Black coated M42 HSS (High Speed Steel) and Carbide Tipped.
- Twister Black Bits can be resharpened and feature a Titanium Aluminium Nitride coating for extended tool life when cutting rail (up to 400 BHN).
- Carbide Twister Bits feature brazed in carbide tips and offer up to 2-1/2 times the tool life in both standard and extremely hard rail when used with the Trak-Star Model RB35 Petrol Rail Drill.
- The unique annular (hollow) design and thicker cutter wall offers extended tool life and extra durability.
- Twister Bits feature the quarter-turn style mounting for quick and easy installation with no tools required.
- When used with a Trak-Star Rail Drill, installation is simple; insert the bit into the arbour and give it a turn.
- Twister Bits can also be used with similar rail drilling systems with a 19.05mm (3/4”) arbour bore.
- The shank of the bit features a flat that easily adapts to the set-screw style mounting, offering a secure installation, and allowing Trak-Star cutting technology to be used in multiple systems.
Click on the link to download more information on the Trak Star Twister Rail Cutters.